This is a knickers off dessert, as in serve this to a lady on date number three and watch her knickers fly off! This is a recipe that calls for you to flambé, i.e. ignite alcohol in the pan, so please be careful. You can see how to do it on YouTube, but if you’re not sure then don’t make this recipe.
- 4-5 peaches, stoned and sliced
- 2 tbsp of rum
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Zest and juice of a citrus fruit of your choice – I used a lime
- 100g cashews, soaked in boiling water to soften
- 100g icing sugar plus a little more for dusting
- Soy milk
- Heat a skillet very hot, then add the sugar and caramelise it
- Add your peaches, reduce the heat and toss well in the caramel
- Now you flambé. Take the pan off the heat and we’ll away from the flame, then add the rum and then ignite it. Be very careful and be sure you do this safely
- Once the alcohol is burnt off the flames will stop, turn off the heat and leave whilst you make your citrus cream
- Blend the icing sugar, cashews and soy milk to make a smooth cream. It’s up to you how thick you make it, obviously more milk will thin it out.
- Pour into a jug and then whisk in the juice and zest. This will add air and lighten the cream a little
- Serve by layering the peaches shortbread or some other similar type of biscuit, pour on some of the cream, then some of the rum sauce, and finally dust with icing sugar