Another simple recipe that is full of yummy goodness. It is not quite SOS approved – no salt, oil or sugar – as there is a little frying involved, however it is still delicious and tremendously healthy and nutritious.
- 100g pearl barley
- 1 packet of tofu, frozen, thawed, drained and pressed
- 1 avocado
- Handful of cashews
- Cook the barley and set aside – I boil it with turmeric for the anti inflammatory goodness
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet and fry the tofu until it starts to brown
- Cube the avocado flesh and add to the pan for a minute or two
- Add the cashews and fry for a couple more minutes
- Serve on top of the barley
One bowl of yummy goodness, cooked! Add sriracha if you like a little bit of zing.